What is hyaluronic acid?
Why is hyaluronic acid so important?
As we age, we lose collagen and hyaluronic acid naturally causing skin to become dehydrated. Hot, cold and dry weather, heaters during the wintertime, low moisture in the air, washing with hot water and underlying skin conditions can cause tiny breaks in the protective skin barrier, allowing water to escape. Because of loss of collagen and hyaluronic acid the skin becomes rough, uneven in tone and wrinkled.
Who should you use hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is great for all skin types. In general hyaluronic acid is nonirritating and does not trigger acne, rosacea, or allergic skin reactions.
Which hyaluronic acid products do I recommend?
There are six active ingredients in the Monat Hydration Boost Serum. Here is a list of what they are and how they assist in glowing skin:
- Coconut Water: replenishes
- Polyglutamic Acid: a natural peptide that is 10x more hydrating than hyaluronic acid
- Hyaluronic Acid: hydrates and plumps skin
- Vegan Collagen: plumps, smooths and boosts elasticity
- Marine Algae: protective ingredient against pollution
- Vitamin B5: an essential nutrient that assists in renewing skin
- Watermelon Extract: boosts hydration and antioxidant properties
Hyaluronic acid is so important! It can effectively deliver the moisturizing benefits your skin needs without causing irritation. As something our bodies naturally produce, but over the course of time the production starts to diminish, replenishing hyaluronic acid can lead to younger looking skin. Even if you feel like you don’t need something for fine lines and wrinkles just yet, it’s easier to prevent fine lines and wrinkles rather than it is to correct them.